Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunday in Review

Sunday we visited a new church to both of us.
Now that winter weather is (mostly) gone I can get out.
Decided to visit a non denominational church.
I actually did know the pastor from years ago.
He use to play drums at a church I attended as a teen.

The pastor's name is Terry and his wife's name is Terry!
I believe they said the church attendance is about 250 persons.
The people seemed friendly enough. Talked to a lady named Deb.
Having grown up in the area I recognized her from my hometown.
My parents met us at the church and came over for lunch afterwards.

Later in the afternoon we watched Time Changer.
It is sci fi in nature since it involves time travel ...
but it has a definitive Christian message to make you think.
I actually plan to rewatch it because I thought it so intriguing.
The time travel was necessary to see results of how we teach/preach

In the evening we decided to play some games.
Randy beat me the other day at Rummy so I wanted a rematch.
We played a couple of games of Rummy before trying cribbage.
Randy had not played before and it had been awhile for me.
We successfully found the rules online and printed them.

The Mechanics of Playing Cribbage
Rules of Cribbage - Wikipedia (shows examples)

No comments: