Thursday, March 6, 2008

Martian Child

Randy went to one of the local video stores
and picked up a new release: Martian Child.
To watch a bit of it check out the trailer.

I liked the movie. Interesting thoughts.
A recently widowed guy ponders whether to adopt.
It had been his wife's desire since she had been adopted.

He says something like "I know the argument
about not bringing a child into this world.
But what about loving one that is already here?"

The star is John Cusack which I like.
And his sister Joan plays his sister in the movie.
I always enjoy watching either of them.

1 comment:

Randy Bliss said...

I really enjoyed this movie! The theme of unconditional love was particularly well done! John Cusack did a great job.

I also enjoyed the realistic struggles that a parent faces in raising a child.

The supporting cast is top notch with Amanda Peet, Richard Schiff, Oliver Platt, Anjelica Huston, Howard Hesseman and Joan Cusack. And Bobby Coleman does very well as the child in question.

I think this movie should be viewed by all parents who think they have strange kids. They may come away with a better appreciation of how every person is a unique individual!