Friday, February 22, 2008

Apple Crisp

I am going to post my new recipe and then my old recipe.
The new recipe I found on the Cheerio site.
I do not recall where I had gotten my old recipe.

Apple Oat Crumble - new recipe using cereal

Peel and Core about 3 to 4 medium apples
Slice and place in 9 inch casserole dish.

Crumb ingredients:
2 cups Cheerios cereal
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup firm butter or margarine

Crush cereal to flour consistenly.
Combine all ingredients and sprinkle over apples.

Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes

Old Apple Crisp recipe

5 c peeled and sliced apples
3/4 c flour
1 c (white) sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1/4 lb butter in small pieces

Spread apples in casserole.
Sprinkle 1/3 c water on top.
Mix other ingredients to make crumb.
Spread crumb evenly over apples.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

No comments: