Friday, February 29, 2008

62 degrees in apartment

We noticed when we went to bed at about 1 AM that the furnace was NOT kicking on. We figured at that time it was senseless to call the landlord. I put on a turtleneck to keep warm and we got all the blankets we had onto the bed. At this point it was 70 degrees in the basement apartment we have.

When I heard the upstairs neighbor moving around about 6 AM I gave her a call. She has been here longer and knows the landlord more personally. She also has helped clean and maintain the property. She went down to check the furnace. Apparently the light was on and just had to be restarted. At this point it was 62 degrees in our apartment.

Yesterday there was an insurance guy here inspecting the property to write a new policy. We were told his main focus was to check on the furnace. Got to wonder if he accidently touched a button.

The timing is bad because of how cold it is here in Maine especially over night! The weather channel says it is 4 degrees out right now. And this past week my arthritis has been giving me trouble. Last night was the first night I wrapped my right knee.

I've now had my coffee. The temp is headed up. Currently at 67 degrees.

No comments: