Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spice of Life

Over 23 years ago when I went off to college ...
I selected Corelle's Spice of Life as my pattern ...
for both dinnerware and associated Corning bakeware.
They have lasted me well but now thinking about replacing.

Originally I went to ebay looking for replacements.
I never had the 1 quart salad/vegetable bowl.
And now as a newlywed want some serveware.
Also likely to pick up a large platter.

An ebay action is suggesting Spice of Life ...
is interchangeable with Indian Summer.
Yet on the serving bowl it has a brown striped edge.
My regular cereal bowl has a green striped edge.

The Spice of Life pattern is retired aka "vintage".
It can be viewed at Corelle's Vintage Pattern Showroom.
Indian Summer and Strawberry Sunday are also listed.
I believe my mother's pattern is Spring Blossom Green.

No comments: