Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Nausea Home Remedies

I think this is the day ...
I had an involuntary urge to vomit.
It hit me so quickly - I also felt faintish.
Randy ran for a basin for me to throw up in.
Luckily I did not actually throw up - I hate doing that.

I remember growing up when we were sick ...
mom gave up saltine crackers and gingerale.
When I started feeling a bit better I googled, of course.
Some of the ideas for treatment follow:
"sitting down in a still environment" - which I did
Research supports folk remedies of ginger and peppermint.
And eating dry crackers before moving.

There was also the suggestion to try the BRAT diet.
Which stands for bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.
A couple variations are BRATT which includes tea
and BRATY which includes yogurt with your toast.
These are prescribed for gastrointestinal distress.

No comments: