Monday, January 14, 2008

Rearranging Apartment

The better part of the last week we have been rearranging the apartment. Only in sections at a time. We purchased individual modular pieces to create a bakeware/cookware storage unit. And now we are slowly adding some of Randy's video collection into the apartment. If you know Randy you know he has a HUGE collection. Did I mention he has a HUGE video collection, both VHS and DVD. It's been in a storage facility just a mile away for lack of space. Luckily he also has some nice modular units to house them in.

First we put two 32 wide by 45 high brown wood grain units in bedroom office area. Second we put six 12 wide by 45 high black units on top of the white office desk. I already had black as my second office area color so everything coordinates nicely. Third we moved the two 36 wide by 60 high wooden bookshelves my dad made me next to each other in the livingroom on the side wall. One of these units is still mostly books while the other is holding DVDs two deep. Fourth we put two 20 inch by 60 inch high light wood grain units in living room, one on either side of loveseat. And lastly we put a third of the 32 wide by 45 high brown wood grain units between the office area and the bed area of the bedroom.

I am happy to report while adding function to the apartment it is still aesthetically pleasing. It has been a balancing act for sure. And I want to thank Randy for all his hard work in this matter as I change my mind as to where everything goes to accomplish this task. We, okay mostly Randy, has had to shuffle things around a few times along the way. I believe Randy is as pleased as I am at how things have turned out.

Randy is still in the process of unpacking the videos for placement on the units. In the future once we get all the rearranging settled we will take pictures to show off all our efforts. I expect Randy will add his own blog entry about what movies he is putting where. He is very logical and wants to keep different genres together. Got to love a hard working, logical man of God!

No comments: