Monday, January 7, 2008

Getting Serious Part 1

Over the weekend we signed up online for a joint bank account.
I already account with the bank - but under old name and old address.
We had 11 checks that needed depositing as far back as November.
The farthest back was for sale of Randy's vehicle before moving.
Checks also included moving, wedding and Christmas gift monies.
Still have to return to bank with me to finalize changes.

UPS visited us again today with final Kohl purchases from parents.
Included a 6 quart Farberware stock pot, griddle and rectangular pan.
That pretty much does it for new kitchen stuff we are expecting.
We filled up our new cabinets with canned products and other staples.
Because of the stocking up we are set for awhile on non-perishables.
Randy is a great shopper and especially for deals and using coupons.

1 comment:

Randy Bliss said...

This was probably the best shopping I've done since I've been here. Shaw's had quite a few Buy One Get One Free (Fresh Express Salad, Gorton's Fish Fillets and Thomas English muffins), a bunch of 10 for $10 deals, V8 Fusion for only $2 (normally $3.99 - usually I do Wal-Mart cause its only $2.98) and they were clearancing her Oatmeal to Go for 1/2 price (I grabbed 6). She also had me grab brown bread in a can. (WHAT??? I didn't have a clue until I actually saw the can!) So when all was said and done, I paid $111.04 after $20.40 in coupon savings and $80.18 in store savings!

A very good shopping trip! We should have enough canned goods to last the rest of the month and into next month. Plus I got a coupon for 20 cents off each gallon of gas!