Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Midweek Update

This week is about new recipes - four of them.
I made two yesterday and there are two more coming.
Traditional Maine Apple Cake - never heard of it before.
I found it because I had a bunch of baking apples to use.
I really enjoy it - reminds me of a coffee cake texture.
For lunch/dinner I made an Impossible Chicken Pie.
We are really liking the "Impossible pies from Bisquick.
What can be easier in one pan to bake - meat and cheese.
Mix up Bisquick, milk and egg and pour over meat/cheese.
The other two recipes I plan on trying are for the weekend.
For Saturday is Cowboy Casserole - BBQ beans and beef.
And for Sunday Brunch is French Toast Casserole.

This week we have not been watching as many movies.
Instead we are watching a tv series on DVD.
We are both enjoying "The 4400" seasons 1 & 2.
We do hope to see season 3 & 4 eventually.
We are also anxiously awaiting (any day now)
Alien Nation - Ultimate Movie Collection.
We already saw the series - these movies are followup.
I've not seen as many tv series as Randy over the years.
I would like to see the pilots or first show(s) of
"Andromeda", "Earth: Final Conflict" and "Babylon 5".
And Star Trek spinoffs: "The Next Generation",
"Deep Space Nine", "Voyager" and prequel "Enterprise".

No comments: