Friday, April 11, 2008

Getaway at Coachman Inn

For our belated honeymoon getaway we stayed at Coachman Inn. It's not part of a chain just a single discount hotel which easily competes with national chains. I had read a lot of great reviews about this hotel touting its spacious rooms and bathrooms and spectacular continental breakfast. I was concerned as to whether the bed and toilet would be high enough for me (and my arthritic knees). We were given one of the two handicap rooms because the toilet was higher and it had a king sized bed. The bed was 20 inches high and the toilet was 18 inches high. Both ended up working for me just fine.

The room truly was spacious. The bathroom had hand rails around the toilet. However, even though this was suppose to have been for someone in a wheelchair (which I am not) it still only had a tub/shower enclosure which would have been too difficult for me to bend my legs to get into. They had remodeled recently even replacing the carpets and all the bedding. I actually wrote down the specifics on the bedspread and king size blanket to see about purchasing from the same company.

Across from the front checkin desk was a sit down area with small tables and chairs ideal for comfortably partaking of your continental breakfast. They did also provide a complimentary USA Today on weekdays. Coffee and hot water for tea and cocoa was available 24 hours a day. For breakfast there was bagels and pastries, fresh fruit and cereal. It was decent enough - comparable to other hotels. I took the opportunity to eat bagels and cream cheese.

1 comment:

Randy Bliss said...

I'd recommend them to anyone!