Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dinner meals

When Randy was visiting I made sure he had home cooking.
Some of the meals gave us leftovers which I like.
But as a single man Randy was not use to leftovers.

Heaviest meals:
Lasagne - Randy's favorite
Tangy Meatloaf - made with wheat chex
Sicilian Meat Roll - my mom made for my birthday

Mid range meals:
Oven baked fried chicken - coated with corn chex
Ham steak, tater tots, peas, buttermilk biscuits
Regular steak, mashed potatoes and corn

Quick and simple meals:
Angel hair spaghetti
Hamburger casserole (chicken noodle soup and crushed chips)
Chicken casserole (cream of chicken, macaroni, green beans)

The two casseroles were favorites growing up.
My mother loaned me her Casserole Cookbook.

2 comments:

Starcradle said...

It is also important to me that my Honey have a home-cooked meal whenever possible. He does not cook (the fact that he has difficulty maneuvering his wheelchair in the kitchen is a factor), and thus I am always happy when I hear he has enjoyed home-cooking. (Of course, I was unable to frequently cook for him when he visited me, as he was very enthusiastic about trying the local restaurant fare!)

The Tangy Meatloaf and the Sicilian Meat Roll sound interesting!

e-scrapbooker said...

I just posted the Tangy Meatloaf recipe.