Saturday, February 2, 2008

Potato Bacon Casserole

3 large potatoes sliced *
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. sour cream
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 lb. sliced bacon, fried and crumbled
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. crushed black pepper

Place potatoes in a 5 quart slow cooker.
Combine the remaining ingredients.
Pour over potatoes and mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.

This was my first crock pot recipe.
Original recipe called for 1 package frozen hash browns.
* the number of potatoes may vary
Some recipes suggested cooking potatoes ahead of time.
I did not cook my ahead of time but plan to next time.
Another recipe I looked at used 4 cans of potatoes.

Variations: I did not add onio or black pepper
And I used two cans of cream of chicken instead.

No comments: