Saturday, December 1, 2007

Wedding Day Viewpoint of Bride

Randy left the apartment last night right at 11:59 PM.
I slept okay though I never sleep thru the night.
Last night I also changed which dress I was going to wear.
So this morning I looked thru jewelry to see what might work.
I selected silver and pearl options in necklaces and bracelets.
I placed them in a case to take with me to wedding to decide later.

At ten o'clock I called mom at the house ...
to ask them to be sure to call me back at 10:30.
I wanted to take a catnap before taking my shower.
Close to eleven o'clock I realized they hadn't call me back.
I called the house and said "Forget the bride?"
And then I jumped into the shower.

I was ready when dad came to pick me up.
We got to the house probably around 12:30 PM.
Wedding was to be at 1 PM in the afternoon.
I got scooted off to mom and dad's room.
I had yet to dress and finish hair.

Sherry and Sarah helped me with the jewelry.
I moved my silver engagement ring to right hand.
Added a silver tennis bracelet to that wrist.
Put three stretch pearl bracelets on left wrist.
Also wore a pearl necklace at my neckline.

At 1 PM I headed to the sunroom where Randy was waiting.
Randy and I sat on benches since I can not stand too long.
We faced the guests while Pastor Frank was off to side.
We exchanged our marriage vows and wedding rings.

We then moved to the living room for the reception.
There was a nice floral arrangement on the table.
The food was self served by walking around kitchen table.
There were sandwiches, sweets, chips, pickles and punch.

The wedding cake was on table in the living room.
We cut the first slice of the wedding cake together.
We very nicely fed it to one another at the same time.
We periodically kissed as others chatted oblivious to us.

We waited till guests started leaving before making our departure.
We had to wait for some car shuffling before we could get out.
When we got to the apartment we shut off the phones ...
Since are honeymooning in the apartment.

No comments: