Friday, December 7, 2007

Dinner and a Movie #2

We watched The Thing Called Love with River Phoenix,
Samantha Mathis, Dermot Mulroney and Sandra Bullock.
It's about young country western writers trying to make it in Nashville.
I love country western songs so liked that aspect of the movie.
Guest appearances by Pam Tillis and Trisha Yearwood as themselves.
I really enjoyed the movie although it was 2 hours long.
We put the Hamburger Casserole in the oven at the beginning...
then paused half way thru the movie to have dinner.
Then later that night we played the games Phase 10 and Wordsters.

1 comment:

Randy Bliss said...

I bought The Thing Called Love because it had Samantha Mathis (who mezmerized me in Pump Up The Volume) and Sandra Bullock (pre-Speed fame)in it. The movie surprised me (and I'm not a big country/western fan - heard too much of it growing up). It's still sad to know that it was one of River's final performances. B.