Friday, November 16, 2007

En route

Midnight - Randy called from the road.
They had just turned onto 76 which leads to 80.
He'll shut off cell to save the battery.
I said that was fine so I can get some sleep.
They should be wicked tired so I hope they rest too.

4:45 AM - Randy checked in from Snow Shoe, Pennsylvania.
Have seen some snow along the way but just snow squalls.
That's 328 miles from Columbus and 539 miles to Portland.
That means Randy is 37% here to me. Woo Hoo.
They plan to pull over for four to five hours of sleep.

7 AM - I am keeping my eye on the weather.com website.
Looks like it will mostly be clear sailing from here on out.
No snow in the forecast for this morning only clouds and rain.
There is some possibility of snow in the afternoon for Portland.

10:30 AM - I called to see if the guys were awake.
They were already on the road and had been for about an hour.
Randy said he just saw sign for Jersey Shore exit.
Hard to hear him on cell thru the hills.
He will check in at next rest area.
In the meantime I am trying to line up unloaders.

11:30 AM - Randy called just south of Wilkes Barre (PA).
30 miles yet to go on 81 before connecting to 84.
Randy and JD, driving buddy, stopped for lunch.

Noon - Request for folks to help unload went out.
My dad volunteers at a Christian school (and camp).
They were going to ask staff and older students to help.
It is scheduled for Saturday 8 AM when storage facility opens.

3:30 PM - I called Randy to see where he was.
They had just crossed the Connecticut line.
They are 60 miles out of Hartford.
Hoping they realize they are coming up on rush hour.
Cell phone still breaks up so can't talk long.
He'll check in next time they stop.

** prayer request **
Randy continues to battle a cold.
He took meds and does not sound like himself.
Says one of his eyes is watering up badly.
Thankfully JD has been able to do all the driving.

7:30 PM - Randy called
They had just crossed over into New Hampshire.
Randy should be here within TWO HOURS!!!!!
They are going to leave the UHaul at storage facility.
The place has surveillance cameras so should be safe.
I'll have to go pick them up - just around the corner.
Since it is so late they'll camp out in my living room.
I suspect they will sleep really easily tonight.
Me too - I have not slept much in the last few days.

8:30 PM - I called to see where Randy was.
They stopped at Kennebunk rest area for fuel.
Just over an hour away before I see my honey.

10:00 PM - Randy is at the apartment.
We have Wendy's food to eat for supper.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Sounds great, Cathy! I'm sure once he get there you'll be too busy to update. Hope all goes well!
~Barb

e-scrapbooker said...

Actually I think it will be a short night. The guys will definately need rest. They need to regain their strength to unpack in the morning. And keep Randy in prayer - he is still battling a cold. Thanks.