Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Vacation Day 15

12 midnight - Randy is in Ohio - 700 miles away from me
will rest a bit - took aspirin for headache
will call when he makes it home - maybe 4 or 5 ish

2:30 AM I was awake so called
left message - Randy had shut off phone to save charge

4 AM left another message "I love you"

5:15 AM left message - little concern because have not heard

5:30 AM Randy called having not heard messages
He is 125 miles north of Columbus
pulled off to rest and because there was heavy rain.
Still raining and dark - will restart a little later.

9:10 AM Randy just waking up

[I called my brother to tell him of engagement]

11 AM called Randy to ask him to pull over so we could talk
I had an appointment in the morning and wanted input.
Said he was one county up from Columbus.
Should be able to call within 15 minutes.

11:15 Randy called pulled over in Columbus
We had a short chat before I headed out.
I felt comfortable enough since Randy was almost home.

11:30 I headed to local church school where my dad volunteers.
Workers were preparing facilites for new school year.
I had been wanting to go down there to meet up with old friend.
Her dad is one of the cofounders of the church camp and school.

I got there just in time for lunch at noon.
Mom had sent a casserole for them.
I asked Frank if he would consider officiating at our wedding.
He said he would and said to call when it was closer.

No comments: